Amelia wanted ice cream today, like most days. The problem was I didn’t have time to go to the store to get some. But, I did have the ingredients to make some and so after a quick mix and some freezing time, we had sweet and creamy vanilla ice creamy.
I will emphasize this is definitely sweet, especially if you’re like me and don’t eat that many sweet things on a daily basis. But, it was a delicious treat! And we might have sprinkled some jumbo chocolate chips on top with some caramel sauce. Maybe… 😉
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, and freeze, covered, until thick and creamy, like soft-serve, about 2 hours. Swirl in any desired mix-ins (like chocolate chips) at this point with a spoon. Continue to freeze, covered, until solid and scoopable, about 3 hours more. Enjoy!