Every week, I make a new muffin. So you can imagine just how many muffins I’ve made (just look here for a peak at all of them). There are a lot!
But, I also get bored of making the same ones. So, today, I tried a new cocoa muffin because Amelia has been asking me for a chocolate one. Now, I usually hide veggies in cocoa muffins because the cocoa covers the green color of the veggies I mix in. But today, I wanted her to have something a little more exciting since Valentine’s Day is upon us.
This muffin does have sugar, so it’s a bit decadent (for me!). But, it’s yummy and good and the girls loved it. That’s really all that matters in the end! ❤
Cocoa Oat Muffins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Stir together flour, sugar, oats, cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla in small bowl.
- Add milk mixture and nuts all at once to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done. Serve warm. Enjoy!