Every week, I make a new muffin. So you can imagine just how many muffins I’ve made (just look here for a peak at all of them). There are a lot!
But, I also get bored of making the same ones. So, today, I tried a new cocoa muffin because Amelia has been asking me for a chocolate one. Now, I usually hide veggies in cocoa muffins because the cocoa covers the green color of the veggies I mix in. But today, I wanted her to have something a little more exciting since Valentine’s Day is upon us.
This muffin does have sugar, so it’s a bit decadent (for me!). But, it’s yummy and good and the girls loved it. That’s really all that matters in the end! ❤
Cocoa Oat Muffins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin and set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, oats, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Don’t over mix!
- Spoon batter into 12 large muffin cups or 24 mini muffin cups.
- Bake large muffins for 15-20 minutes or mini muffins for 8-10 minutes , or until done.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!