For our New Year’s resolution, Trevor and I decided to make more of an effort to incorporate veggies into every meal we make…. breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. And if possible, more than one per meal.
So, when I came across a veggie packed fried rice by @littlemissfoodie, I had to try it out. It’s actually pretty similar to how I make my leftover fried rice. But, it’s always great to have options of ways to make fried rice with fresh vegetables if you have them on hand.
And, you know what, fried rice any way is delicious and this one doesn’t disappoint. It’s fresh, crunchy, creamy and delicious.
Let me know your favorite veggies to put in fried rice in the comments below!
Healthy Veggie Fried Rice
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup rice cauliflower
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a small lined pan, toss carrots and broccoli in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt & pepper and roast until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a large saucepan, add peas, cauliflower, corn, cooked carrots and broccoli. Saute in remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until peas are warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and soy sauce and toss until well coated.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and add eggs. Scramble and toss with rest of mixture.
- Dish up and enjoy!