I’ve been feeling the need to eat a little lighter and healthier this week… just a little. 🙂 So, I made what I absolutely love making when that feeling hits – a soup! And, not just any soup. I made a creamy, comforting, yummy delicious soup that I’ll also be enjoying for the rest of the week.
It’s really simple to make, especially with the instant pot. Mostly just pouring in and turning on with the occasional mushroom saute thrown in there. In any event, it came together quickly and I even got to dip some fresh crusty bread in. Man, is this soup divine.
Thanks for another Half Baked Harvest recipe, Tieghan!
HBH Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Instant Pot Soup
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Parmesan rind
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to tae
- 1 (16-oz) box mini potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 box mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- In the pressure cooker pot, combine chicken, onion, carrots, broth and wine, 1 tablespoon thyme, paprika, and Parmesan rind. Season with s&p.
- Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release, remove and shred chicken.
- Using the saute function, add gnocchi, grated parm and cream to pressure cooker pot. Stir occasionally until warm. Remove and discard rind. Add chicken back in and stir.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and season with s&p. Cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Then stir and continue cooking until mushrooms caramelize (3-5 more minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, butter, remaining thyme and zest. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is caramelized and fragrant (3-5 minutes).
- Divide up into bowls and top with thyme and Parmesan. Finish with mushroom mixture on top and enjoy!