My favorite food blogger, Tieghan Gerard (aka Half Baked Harvest), came out with a new cookbook last year called Super Simple. In it, she has tons of recipes that are, you guessed it, super simple to make. Each of the recipes has different ways of cooking the items from stovetop, to instant pot to slow cooker. The recipes are super well written, easy and fast to make.
Tonight, I decided to try out her pizza dough recipe in the hopes that I could get the girls to try some new veggies. Since we moved to Florida, we’d been craving good, fresh pizza. It’s just not the same here…. some say it’s the water, some say it’s the dough, some say its where the tomatoes come from. I say, it’s just not the same. So, I set out to make my own pizza knowing full well it wouldn’t be my beloved NY pizza.
That said, this pizza dough was pretty darn amazing. It’s really easy to make and doesn’t use water, so that helps take the NY vs. everywhere else water discussion for pizza out of the equation. 🙂 The girls helped me roll out the dough (as you can probably tell from the pizza shapes!) and they decorated them (as you can also probably tell!). This was a fun pizza making party and we’ll definitely be using this recipe again!
Thanks, once again, Tieghan!
HBH No-Kneed Pizza Dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons SAF Instant Yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 12-oz beer (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Add in beer and olive oil and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- To make pizza, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove dough from bowl and place onto a well floured surface. Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll each of the mini doughs out. Place on a lined baking sheet and top each with toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (crust will be golden and cheese will be melted). Slice and enjoy!