I’ve been baking a lot again (I go in waves) and the girls always want to lick the spoon when I’m making the dough. The trouble is, it has raw egg and flour, and sometimes other raw ingredients in it so I don’t want them eating it before it’s cooked.
So my friend Amy told me about this recipe from Eating Well and I knew the girls would just love it. Spoiler, they do! They come together really quickly and keep in the freezer perfectly! These fit in lunchboxes perfectly and are jam packed with protein. They really are the perfect snack!
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Process chickpeas, nut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-teaspoon measure, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Enjoy!
Recipe from: eatingwell.com