I was looking for a new way to make chicken tonight, something I struggle with constantly because chicken is such a blank slate. The good thing about it though is you can add anything to it and it embraces the flavors.
I looked in the fridge for inspiration and saw artichokes and half a jar of sun dried tomatoes! I love mixing strong flavors with basic chicken because it really takes on all the flavors so well. So, a Tuscan Chicken dinner was born!
And ohhhh my is it delicious. I love that it’s easy enough to just throw it all in the casserole dish and the oven does all the work. I prep it in the morning and stick it in the oven when the girls come home from school so it’s ready in time for them before they start screaming “I’m huggggrrrrryyyyy”. Phew!
What’s your favorite way to make chicken? Let me know in the comments below!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 8.5 oz jar sun dried tomatoes drained with 1 tbsp oil reserved, and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Lay the chicken flat in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper then press garlic and spread it evenly over the chicken breast.
- Place the spinach, artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes on top of the chicken and then drizzle the tablespoon of oil reserved from the sun dried tomatoes.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes total. Cook 20 minutes uncovered then loosely cover with foil for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!