If you haven’t heard, we moved to Florida a few months ago. The transition was hard, but the holidays are starting to make it joyful.
For Thanksgiving, we made a BIG turkey (here’s how I made mine), but you can’t have turkey without cranberry sauce. Last year, I roasted my cranberry sauce and the year before, I made a cranberry-orange relish. And before that, well, I didn’t take photos of pics then, but we always mixed our cranberry sauce with strawberries and cherries.
This year, I wanted to celebrate us living in Florida with each of our dishes, so I brought some tropical fruits into the cranberry sauce and I have to say, this is my favorite one so far!
It tastes sweet and tart and has crunch and flavor. It’s colorful and really makes any turkey taste amazing. This would taste amazing next to any meat, white fishes or as a simple side at a dinner party.
What’s your favorite way to make cranberry sauce? Let me know in the comments below!
Tropical Cranberry Sauce
- 3 navel oranges, zested and peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 12-oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- Zest oranges (until you have about 2 teaspoons) and juice oranges (until you have about 1 cup of juice). Put 1 teaspoon zest, juice, ginger and cinnamon in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and add cranberries. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup of pineapple and honey to pot and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool before plating. Top with remaining zest and remaining pineapple and enjoy!
Tropical Cranberry Sauce Looks Tasty!
LikeLiked by 1 person