Not only is it apple picking season, but it’s also pumpkin season! I definitely love to get my fill of apples and pumpkin because the season for both is so short. I will literally put pumpkin in anything too – yogurt, cake, sauces, cereal, muffins, you name it! It’s so so easy, and so so good for you!
For these muffins, the pumpkin adds a beautiful color, as well as moisture. Yes, they have sugar, but pumpkin needs the help as it’s typically pretty bland. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg so the Fall flavors really shine through.
When you make these, be warned — they are delicious! Watch out for sticky fingers. 🙂 Questions? Lemme know in the comments!
Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray or line muffin tin with 12 (silicone or paper) liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- Scoop batter into each muffin well filling nearly to the top.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool sightly before removing from tin and Enjoy!
Adapted from: lovelylittlekitchen.com