We had a lot of veggies to use up and I knew I wanted to make a salad with them for dinner. So, I whipped up some quinoa in the instant pot, roasted the veggies we had on hand and made a delicious salad for dinner.
It’s a really versatile salad – you can swap in any grain for the quinoa and any veggies for the carrots and beets. Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 lb. red beets, chopped
- 1 lb. orange carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 5 ounces greens, any kind (I used spinach)
- Handful of nuts, any kind (I used pecans, to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lined baking sheet, toss beets and carrots in olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 20 minutes – flip – then continue roasting for 20 more minutes. Remove from oven, peel and slice beets and set aside.
- While vegetables are roasting, make quinoa according to packaging (or use my Instant Pot version here or use leftover quinoa already made).
- To make the dressing – whisk together tahini, garlic, shallot, water, lemon juice and salt until combined.
- Once vegetables have cooled and dressing is made, lay out greens on a platter, top with quinoa and roasted vegetables and drizzle dressing over top. Sprinkle nuts on top and enjoy immediately. Enjoy!
Adapted from: bonappetit.com