We went apple picking over the weekend at Alstede Farms and have a TON of apples. They have an amazing farm where you can pick-your-own apples, pumpkins, sunflowers, veggies, do a hay ride, ride a pony…. it’s a huge place but super well run. So, we love to go there every Fall.
While we picked a lot of apples, I’m definitely not complaining. I absolutely love cooking and baking when they are at their peak because they’re so naturally sweet and crunchy. I tend to pick Honeycrisp or Gala apples, but any apple you like to eat would work here.
Really, all you’re doing is stewing apples, pureeing them and then letting them thicken. It’s kinda like apple sauce, but thicker and better, imho. 🙂
I use this on my toast or in my yogurt in the morning, but you could even use it as a side dish to chicken or pork. It’s a really good dip, too! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
No-Peel Easy Instant Pot Apple Butter
- 4 lbs apples, any kind
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- On a cutting board, cut each apple into 4 segments carefully removing the core (leave the skin on). Repeat for all apples and place into the Instant Pot with water, spice, brown sugar and salt.
- Close, seal and lock lid. Vent to SEAL. Push MANUAL setting for 15 minutes. Let pressure naturally for about 15 minutes.
- Change Instant Pot setting to Saute, and let the apples cook while stirring in lemon juice. Place an immersion blender into the Instant Pot and pulse until smooth (if you don’t have an immersion blender, let the apple butter cool for about 30 minutes, then place the apple mixture in blender in small batches until smooth).
- Spoon apple butter into jars or other containers and use with in 10 days. Enjoy!