The weather has been teasing us here in the Northeast with cooler Autumn weather. Yesterday morning, is was 59 degrees when I went out for my morning run and I knew right then and there, it was going to be a good night for chili.
But with Matilda popping out a new tooth every day this week (no joke!!), she’s only eating certain foods. Quinoa is one of them. So I mixed that into today’s chili so she’d have a perfectly balanced meal at least once today (she’s struggling to eat but is starving… it’s awful!). And she gobbled it up!
Amelia, well, she’s not so keen on mixing foods and having different foods touching. But, we’re working on it and she tried it. That’s all I can ask for at this point!
For us, well we just loved it. 🙂 This would be so good on a football Sunday and save the extras for a busy week ahead. Let me know what you think of it!
3-Bean Quinoa Chili
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained and rinsed
- Place peppers, onion, garlic, seasoning, broth, tomato sauce, and quinoa into Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock the lid. Manually cook on HIGH for 8 minutes. Quick release and stir in beans and corn.
- Mix and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!