Another summer day, another salad. I like to make cobb salads when we have a lot of leftovers to use up, but not quite enough to make a big meal with one or two of the ingredients.
Tonight, I opened the fridge and found 1 cooked chicken breast, half a pepper 3 pieces of bacon and a few other bibs and bobs. I had lettuce, so I tied it all together as a salad. Of note, I would have added avocado in here but we didn’t have any. But it would definitely taste great with that (and tomatoes too)!
Questions? Lemme know in the comments!
- 4 cups lettuce (any kind), chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon, chopped small
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1 cup Manchego cheese, cubed or chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (I used parsley), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dressing, any kind (I used Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing)
- On a large platter, lay out chopped lettuce. Next, lay out the chicken, bacon, pepper, onion, eggs, cheese and herbs in groups. Sprinkle with feta and serve with dressing on the side. Enjoy!