I’m ending the week on another sweet note with my Asian Turkey Meatballs. Between this and my brownies this morning, I’m really satisfying that sweet tooth that I’ve been trying to ignore!
While these meatballs are sweet, they have a perfect savory balance to them. They’re small and burst with every bite and everyone from the kids, to the hubs to the dog loves them. 🙂
You can easily serve this with a bok choy salad or some other kind of greens or even cous cous would be perfect with them! Enjoy!!
Asian Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the bread crumbs, egg, soy sauce, onion, parsley, and 4 minced garlic cloves in a large bowl. Add the turkey and work the meat until it is evenly combined with the bread crumb mixture.
- Form into 2-inch balls and place evenly spaced on a cookie sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and reach 165 degrees internal temp.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, mix the sweet and sour sauce, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, remaining 2 garlic cloves and sesame seeds until it just begins to boil and then remove from heat.
- Once the meatballs are done, mix them into the sauce and stir gently to coat. Serve warm over rice, garnished with sesame seeds and parsley. Enjoy!