I’m ending the week on another sweet note with my Asian Turkey Meatballs. Between this and my brownies this morning, I’m really satisfying that sweet tooth that I’ve been trying to ignore!
While these meatballs are sweet, they have a perfect savory balance to them. They’re small and burst with every bite and everyone from the kids, to the hubs to the dog loves them. 🙂
You can easily serve this with a bok choy salad or some other kind of greens or even cous cous would be perfect with them!
What’s your favorite way to eat meatballs? Let me know in the comments below! Enjoy!!
Asian Turkey Meatballs
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced + more for serving
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds + more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the panko, egg, soy sauce, onion, parsley, and 4 minced garlic cloves in a large bowl. Add the turkey and work the meat until it is evenly combined with the bread crumb mixture.
- Form into 2-inch balls and place evenly spaced on a cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through (165 degrees internal temp).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, mix the sweet and sour sauce, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, remaining 2 garlic cloves and sesame seeds until it just begins to boil and then remove from heat.
- Once the meatballs are done, mix them into the sauce and stir gently to coat. Serve warm over rice, garnished with sesame seeds and parsley. Enjoy!
Adapted from: easilyfamilyrecipes.com