With corn and zucchini in-season right now, I’m getting my fill of both of them! They make the perfect base for a chowder or salsa. But I especially love them in a fritter (and so does 1 of my girls! The other one doesn’t like when different foods touch – haaaa).
So today, I’m making this quick fritter using the last of our fresh corn (don’t worry, there’s plenty more in the shops, I just have to go buy some!) and zucchini from our garden. It’s a great way to get extra veggies in to my day and also my kids.
But it’s pan fried, you say?! Yes, but 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil goes a long way in your pan. So, make these with some almond flour, a dash of oil and you have the perfect lunch, appetizer, or side dish.
Corn Zucchini Fritters with Lime Crema
- 1 cup flour, any kind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk, any kind
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini*
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together egg, milk and butter.
- Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture. Add in zucchini, corn and cheese until just mixed (don’t over mix!).
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Working in batches, drop a heaping spoonful of mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly and cook until each side is golden brown – about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- While fritters are cooking, stir together sour cream, onion, garlic and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fritters. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by armagazine.com
*After shredding zucchini, wrap it in a paper towel to ring out any extra water. Otherwise, the fritters won’t crisp up as nicely.
Nice recipe 👌
LikeLiked by 1 person