I must be craving chicken this week because I haven’t had it in a while, and now I’m making it two nights in a row! This is a great way to enjoy chicken in a bold, flavorful way. It tastes like a full-fat version of chicken salad, but part of the mayo is substituted with yogurt. You certainly won’t miss it though!
I think my favorite part of this is the mustard tang. If you like mustard, add more! If you want this to be thicker, add an additional spoonful of mayo and yogurt. Thinner? Add more lemon juice. However you like your chicken salad, you’ll definitely like this one!
Healthier Chicken Salad
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 lemon
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup full-fat yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Once preheated, cook chicken 3-5 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, making the dressing: whisk together lemon, yogurt, mustard and season generously with salt & pepper.
- Mix in chicken, celery, scallions, walnuts and taste. Adjust seasoning, as needed. Enjoy immediately!