We’ve been eating a lot of meat recently, especially bbq’d meat. While it’s delicious, sometimes I need a vegetarian break. Those are the days when I tend to eat pasta and veggies.
While pasta can be heavy, I usually try to lighten it up with some kind of pesto. We have a ton of cilantro in the garden right now, so mixed it up with some orange, oil and seasonings and had a tasty pesto dressing to toss my pasta and veggies in.
It was simply delicious and seasoned perfectly! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Garden Veggie Pasta with Cilantro Pesto
- 8 ounces dry linguine
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 8 ounces peeled fresh baby carrots, halved
- 2 seedless oranges, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or dried garlic (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cilantro and/or finely shredded orange peel (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. a, reserving water. In reserved pasta water, cook zucchini and carrots for 5 minutes. Drain and return pasta and veggies to the pot.
- For pesto, peel and quarter one orange. In a food processor combine orange quarters, olive oil, the 1 cup cilantro, salt, dry mustard, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Peel and chop remaining orange.
- Toss together pasta and veggies, pesto, and remaining chopped orange. If desired, top with additional cilantro and orange peel. Enjoy!