I like having lighter dinners on Monday because after a weekend with Trevor, whose main course is generally always ice cream and more ice cream, I need something healthy.
So, this dinner was perfect for tonight. I used my pantry and fridge staples, mixed them with some meat I had in the freezer and plopped them in some lettuce leaves from the garden. I didn’t even have to leave the house (which is a win in my eyes!) in the pouring rain (double win!)!
Dinner in 15 – ta-da!
Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly (white and light green only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bib or romaine lettuce leaves, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil until warm and saute scallions and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, season generously and cook until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drizzle soy sauce mixture over, toss and cook until all liquid is gone (about 1-2 more minutes).
- Serve in lettuce leaves and enjoy immediately!