Every so often, I like to make dinners that will empty our freezer stash and use up what’s in our fridge crisper. When I make big pots of soup, I usually freeze 1 pint of the soup to have at a later date. I am currently making my way through the 5 that are in our freezer right now for my lunches during the week so I don’t have to turn the stove on that much in this hot weather.
For dinner tonight, I’m using the frozen shrimp and frozen gnocchi I picked up at Trader Joe’s a few weeks back. The green beans were on sale the other day too, so I couldn’t pass them up. I’m just going to throw it all together on a plate, and dinner is served. I certainly love a good easy dinner in the summer that we can enjoy outside with a crisp glass of wine! Ahhh, summer….
Grilled Shrimp with Cauliflower Gnocchi & Green Beans
- 1 bag green beans
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 dozen large shrimp, deveined
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 small handful cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- Everything but the bagel seasoning (optional for serving)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove beans promptly and place in a large bowl of ice water. Set aside for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a cast iron skillet, add 1/4 cup of water and the bag of cauliflower gnocchi to the pan and cover for 5 minutes. Once the water is mostly evaporated, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Cook for 4-5 more minutes and remove gnocchi and set aside.
- In the same cast iron skillet, add remaining tablespoon of olive and place shrimp in pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook each side for about 2 minutes, or until pink and tender. Remove promptly.
- To serve, place beans, gnocchi and shrimp on a large platter. Place sliced tomatoes on top of beans and sprinkle entire platter with everything but the bagel seasoning. Enjoy immediately!