Ever have one of those nights where you make too much pasta and you don’t know what to do with it? This pasta bake solves your problem!
Just throw together the pasta with some cooked ground meat (any kind would work), seasonings, sauce and cheese and dinner is made in under a half hour. We had tons of leftovers too for lunch the next day!
Matilda & Amelia absolutely loved this and to be honest, I was a bit surprised Amelia did because she don’t usually love when food touches. I can’t really judge her though because I remember being the same way as a kid…. sorry mom and dad!
Creamy Beef & Pasta Bake
- 4 cups leftover cooked pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups stock (any kind)
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside once cooked.
- Add onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.Gradually whisk in stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and beef until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!