Here’s a festive, no-bake dessert that’s perfect for all our summer bbq’s. I’m not big on turning on the oven when it’s 90 degrees outside, so making a cake that doesn’t need the oven is my king of baking! Just refrigerating, so make sure you leave enough time for it to chill because the graham crackers have to soften.
I brought this to a Memorial Day bbq today with 6 adults and 6 kids and only half of it was eaten. It is so easy to make and really feeds a crowd!
No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 sleeves (about 28 whole crackers) graham crackers
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Take out a few of the best-looking strawberries and set them aside for the garnish. Hull the remainder of the strawberries and cut each berry into thin slices.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 1/2 cups of cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and whip to combine.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan, or a similarly sized platter. Lay down 6 graham crackers. Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries. Repeat 3 times, until you have 4 layers of graham crackers. Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top and swirl it lightly with a spoon. Add a few more strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until the crackers have softened completely. Garnish with additional berries. Enjoy!