We’ve been having some crazy storms here in the Northeast the past few days and all I want to do is sit and stare out the window instead of cook. Soooo it’s another quick dinner this week.
This is one of those dinners I used to make after a long day of working in the corporate world. It was more effort to wait for delivery than it was to make this. That’s how easy it is whip together. Any kind of sausage would work, but I prefer chicken sausage to most other kinds. And any kinds of fruit or herbs would work too. You could even stick this on a hot dog bun if that’s all you had.
Honestly, it’s easy, quick and great tasting. You can’t go wrong with this one!
Chicken Sausage Flatbread with Watermelon Salsa
- 1 cup watermelon, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package chicken sausage (about 4 links)
- 4 flatbreads
- Preheat gas grill to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine watermelon, tomato, green onions, basil, lime juice and pepper. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place sausage links on grill and cook for 7 to 9 minutes or until heated through. Place flatbreads on grill rack over heat. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- To serve, slice grilled sausages and divide among flatbread. Top with watermelon salsa and enjoy!