Fun fact: I lived in Buffalo, NY for 6 years while getting my undergrad and graduate degrees. I learned a LOT while I was there, but one major life lesson was learning what a good chicken wing is. Seriously! They take it so seriously there and everyone even has a favorite place to eat them. I’m personally a huge fan of Duff’s, while others are die-hard fans of Anchor Bar.
There are soooo many other places too, but these are two of the most popular. Well, there is of course the homemade version too, which is what I do now since I’m hours and hours away from Duff’s. I usually make mine in the oven or on the grill, both of which yield different flavors based on my mood. But today, I tried it in my toy – the Cuisinart Air Fryer. Air fryers are a fun kitchen gadget to have because they cook food faster than they would in a traditional oven. They made these chicken wings perfectly too!
I will say though, don’t try making this with anything other than Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. There really is nothing in comparison and don’t try to convince me otherwise. 🙂
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings & drumsticks (about 10)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a large ziploc bag or bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Toss in chicken until fully coated and shake off excess. Place wings in basket of air fryer for 30-35 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in buffalo sauce. Pour sauce mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Enjoy immediately!