Every summer, we make a ton of Trevor’s Cole Slaw and this potato salad with every bbq we have (which ends up being about 2-3 a month). He’s been making these two recipes for years and can make them so quickly now without even measuring anything. It’s an amazing site to watch!
This potato has a nice vinegary kick to it and is in no-way loaded up with mayonnaise. And it doesn’t need it! It’s way healthier and way tastier this way.
While Amelia says no to all things potato (weird, I know), Matilda and I were eating it with a spoon right out of the bowl…it’s that good!
Trevor's Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon full-fat yogurt
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped (white and light green tips only)
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Place in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil and cook 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, oil & seasonings.
- Drain potatoes and gently toss with dressing. Set aside and let is cool completely.
- Mix mayonnaise and yogurt together and mix into cooled potatoes. Top with spring onions and enjoy!
Adapted from: Ainsley Harriots Family & Friends Cookbook