This past weekend was Matilda’s 1st birthday party. We celebrated by having a small party with friends and family in the park. We enjoyed lots of pizza, Strawberry Cupcakes and these Rice Krispie treats. They were delicious! The kids AND adults ate these up before the cupcakes (don’t worry, those were gobbled up too) and they are super simple to make.
All you need is a pot and spoon and about 20 minutes. Use any kind of cereal you have on hand and dessert is made. Just eat these the same day you make them as they taste best fresh!
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Assorted rainbow sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, then add rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Lightly spray hands with non-stick cooking spray. Take a small handful of the Krispie mix and form into desired shape (I made balls and also pressed mine into a square tin, decorated the top with sprinkles and let them set before cutting them)!