Spring break has come to an end, and I wanted to ease into the week slowly with a simple soup. Lots of leftovers are key for me getting back into the swing of things. They make for easy lunches that I don’t have to think about.
Chop, dump, set and forget. That’s the beauty of an instant pot! This is a big recipe so the preheat took about 30 minutes. But, the cook time was only 5 minutes! And it was perfectly cooked.
If you don’t have an instant pot, just cook this in a large pot or dutch oven for about an hour, or until the veggies are tender and sausage is fully cooked through.
Instant Pot Tuscan White Bean Soup
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large leeks, (white and light green) chopped
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the celery, onion, leeks, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, beans, tomatoes, stock, dried Italian herbs, and whole Italian sausage links, if using.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot, and set for five minutes on high of the “Manual” setting (it will take about 30 minutes to preheat this large of a soup). Let pressure release naturally.
- Top with parsley, season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from: brit.co