I love corn. I love corn. I love corn!! And I really love corn muffins. So when I saw this recipe from Once Upon a Chef, I had to try it. It’s perfect – I didn’t change a thing. I’ve tried other berries in it but prefer this combo the best. They freeze well too!
Cornmeal Blueberry Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners (don’t skip the liners or the blueberries will stick to the pan) and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon of the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk/lemon mixture, vanilla and lemon zest. Add to the dry ingredients, along with the melted butter. Stir until just blended; and then stir in the blueberries. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup very full. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are set and golden around the edges. Cool the muffins for a few minutes in the pan, then serve warm with butter or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!