Morning, friends! How’s everyone doing today? I woke up craving vegetables, so it’s that kinda day. 🙂 I’ll throw some in my morning smoothie or toss some spinach and onions with a scrambled egg to help but I know I’m going to need to load-up on more throughout the day.
So I’m going to make one of my (and my girls!) favorite dinners. It’s so so easy and comes together quickly. It has lots and lots of vegetables (and you can just use whatever you have on hand), uses any kind of pasta you have sitting around has a protein kick from the chickpeas. With a quick topping of parm cheese, lemon and basil, it’s truly the best meal!
This will be a keeper for any busy night you have! Let me know what your favorite veggies are to use in the comments below! Happy cooking!
Healthy Pasta Primavera
- 1 box dry pasta, any variety (I used fettuccine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for serving
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
- Lemon wedges (optional for serving)
- 1 large handful basil (optional for serving)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite. Cooking time with cary based on type of pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add peppers, zucchini and pea pods and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add chickpeas and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture and drizzle in a little extra olive oil. Toss all together and then add Parmesan cheese and toss again. Once ready to serve, top with remaining cheese and serve with lemon wedges and fresh basil. Enjoy!