Where are my chocolate lovers?? This cake is for you! It’s super chocolaty, but not extreme. It’s full of banana flavor, but not too much and it’s so so so delicious right out of the oven!
I had some browning bananas, yet again, on the counter this am. It seems they turn so quickly and sometimes, I just can’t keep up! So instead of making another big batch of my favorite chocolate chip banana muffins I made this chocolate banana cake instead. It’s so decadent, but not in an overly rich kind of way. It’s just the right amount of decadence in a cake you’d want with your morning coffee or tea. Know what I mean?!
Whip this up on a weekend morning and your house will smell better than any candle you could burn. Seriously, this cake is just that good!
What’s your favorite way to use brown bananas? I have to many ways I use mine (HERE) but would love to hear yours! Let me know in the comments below!
Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- 4 small ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until most of the lumps are gone. Add sugar, butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool slightly before removing it from pan to cut. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!