This morning, I realized we had a lot of our sourdough bread leftover that I made the other day. Sometimes, I just can’t eat the bread fast enough so it goes stale. But over time, I’ve learned not to toss it. I use the stale bread to make croutons! They’re super easy to make, they add the perfect crunch on top of any salad and are even a yummy snack right out of the oven.
And, if you’ve been around here for a while, you know I make croutons a lot. I usually make them from a baguette though. This is my go-to recipe. It’s really easy and cooks up in just 6 minutes. This new sourdough crouton recipe is made the same way but takes a little longer to bake. Still easy, still amazing!
So make these the next time you have leftover bread and serve them on top of salad, soup or just right from the pan! Questions? Lemme know in the comments below!
Super Crunchy Sourdough Croutons
- 1/2 loaf day-old sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice day-old sourdough bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Toss with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake on a metal cookie sheet at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!