It’s the season for all things pumpkin (and apple)! Pumpkins are being picked, houses are being decorated and cookies are being baked! Lots and lots of cookies are being baked!
Now, over on Instagram, I asked my followers what their favorite cookie was and ‘pumpkin chocolate chip’ blew away all the other cookies! To be honest, I was a bit surprised. Now, it could be the time of year I’m asking the question and everyone has pumpkin on their mind. I recognize that! But, this was the one that was picked so this is the one I made!
And I truly love these little gems. They’re super soft, jam packed with fall flavors and hard to keep my hands off! In fact, I have a very hard time only eating one of them!!!
These are a must bake this time of year. Let me know how you like them in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you! Happy baking!
Soft & Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (see note)*
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla and blotted pumpkin (*see note below) until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes (you must chill the dough for this recipe or it won’t bake properly).
- Remove dough from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 1.5 tablespoons of dough each. Using the back of a spoon, slightly flatten the tops of the dough balls. Top each cookie with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges appear set. The cookies will look very soft in the center. Remove from the oven.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheets for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!