What’s your favorite kind of chocolate chip cookie? Do you like them when they’re more cake-like and doughy? Thin and crunchy? Sweeter? Fewer chocolate chips or loaded with chocolate explosions?
Me, I love a thicker, doughy cookie that’s almost raw like when it comes out of the oven and finishes it’s cooking on the counter while it’s cooling. It makes for the best bite! Chocolate is a definite as well. 🙂
I had some starter to use up, so I threw it in these cookies as more of a leavening agent. You can’t really taste the sourness but it has a nice undertone of ‘I don’t know exactly what that taste is but I love it’. Know what I mean?! 🙂
These come together quickly and if you know you’re going to make them, just whip up the dough the night before and save yourself a step. Then it’s like an easy-bake cookie! Just put it on the tray and bake!
Tell me, what’s your favorite kind of cookie? I’d love to hear in the comments below! Happy baking!
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 14 tablespoons (1 stick + 3/4 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup sourdough starter, unfed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and sugars.
- Add the egg to the mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Stir in the sourdough starter and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda, careful to not overmix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips (by hand) and let the dough refrigerate for 15 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drop spoonfuls (2-3 tablespoons) of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes for a cake-like cookie or 6-8 minutes for a chewier cookie (adjust timing slightly based on size of cookies).
- Once ready, remove from oven and let cool slightly on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
These look so good! Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! And you can make these ahead of time! I love a good time saver.
LikeLiked by 1 person