If you’ve never heard of Hasselback potatoes before, you’ve probably seen them and not realized they had a name. It’s a potato that has lots of small slices (like a fan) with filling or toppings stuck in between the slices. They look like this. Now you know what I’m talking about, right?! They are delicious and such a good easy meal.
For tonight dinner, I wanted to take the same idea of the sliced potato and apply it to chicken – small slices in a chicken breast filled and topped with a spinach bacon dip thing. It was so easy to make and let me tell you, this tasted absolutely amazing! Moist, smokey, creamy – it’s all the good things you want in a dinner! I served Trevor’s and mine with some sautéed broccoli and the girls had spaghetti.
This is a definite winner of a chicken dinner! With all the chicken recipes out there, tell me, what’s your favorite one? Write it below in the comments and I’ll make it next! Happy cooking!
Hasselback Chicken with Bacon, Cream Cheese, and Spinach
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped (you can also use frozen, if thawed)
- Salt to taste
- 4 chicken breasts (if thick, cut in half into cutlets)
- 5 strips bacon cooked, drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the filling: in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, and spinach together. Add salt to taste.
- To prepare the chicken: slice the top of each chicken breast. Make about 4-6 slits on top of each chicken breast, going ¾ way down, without cutting it through.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Fill the slits with the spinach mixture.
- Trim the fat off the bacon and slice it into shorter slices. Slide them into the filled chicken slits.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly before enjoying!