Happy July 4th! What are you all doing to celebrate America’s birthday?
We are having a small bbq with lots of yummy eats. I wanted to make a simple, festive dessert that both the kids and adults would love. So these one-handed, no-fork-needed desserts are the perfect dessert! It’s a bite of cheesecake with a burst of fresh fruit all in one bite!
I’ve made a bunch of festive dishes before, but this is definitely one of my favs! Tell me, what’s your favorite red, white and blue dish? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half
- 36 blueberries
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. With mixer on LOW, beat in whipped topping and almond extract.
- Place filling in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe filling on the cut side of each strawberry.
- Gently press 3 blueberries into the filling on each strawberry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!