It’s BBQ season! So I’m going to be doing more outside cooking and less inside cooking. The easiest way to make a bland protein, like chicken, taste better is to marinate it. And, instead of buying store-bought marinades, it’s so easy (and tastier, imho) to just make!! With just a few ingredients and time, you can take your plain chicken to the next level!
This marinade would also be great on chicken breasts, chicken wings… any kind of chicken cut really!
The Easiest Chicken Marinade Ever!
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pierce chicken with a fork all over. Place in a large bag or deep dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. 4 – 5 hours is ideal.
- Once marinated, pre-heat grill to medium heat. Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken on the grill. Cook for approximately 5 – 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees. Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!