The other night, we went to a friend’s house and we all enjoyed some much needed smiles and laughter together…. also, a nice bottle of wine. 🙂 We ended up eating dinner with them and they had fish sticks for the kids. My girls never had the pleasure of eating fish sticks, and unsurprisingly, they loved them.
Now, these were the boxed variety and I have to admit, they were good. But it got me thinking – could I make some just as good at home?
I tried out a few recipes using the oven, the pan and then, I found the trick – we had to use the air fryer! Crispy, crunchy, yummy deliciousness. Lots of sauces to dip the fish sticks into and boy oh boy did they just LOVEEEEEEEEEEE my homemade fish sticks.
And now, you can too. 🙂 The recipe is below! What’s your favorite dipping sauce for fish sticks? Ketchup? Mustard? Tartar? Let me know in the comments below!
Air-Fryer Fish Sticks
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces white fish, like cod, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Coat air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Preheat to 400.
- Sprinkle fish with garlic powder and Old Bay. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Lightly beat egg in a second shallow bowl. Add breadcrumbs to a third shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of fish in the flour, then dip in the egg, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Set on a clean plate.
- Place the fish in the air-fryer basket and coat with cooking spray. Cook until browned and crispy, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top and enjoy!