It’s one of those nights that I need an easy, quick dinner. It means everything has to fit in one pan and cook quickly. So I took the chicken breasts I had in the fridge and seasoned and chopped them up. I took some veggies I had laying around and chopped those up, too. It all went into the pan and cooked in a lemon sauce and ohhhhh baby, was it yummy! It’s so easy, so quick and so delicious.
Sometimes, I’ll serve this over some linguini or rice, but today, it’s just like this with some fresh crusty bread! Protein + veg = delicious balanced meal! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Lemon Chicken with Baby Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 cups Nibbles (mini) potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts), chopped into small bitesize pieces
- 2 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter.
- Once butter has melted, place the carrots and potatoes in skillet and allow to simmer uncovered, stirring every 3 or so minutes, for about 8 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk the paprika, Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper, and flour together in a large bowl. Place chicken cubes on top of spice mixture and toss to evenly coat all the pieces of chicken. Add coated chicken pieces to the skillet and cook until veggies have fully softened and chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- While the chicken and veggies are cooking, zest and juice one of the lemons. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic. Pour into the skillet and gently stir all of the ingredients together. Slice the remaining lemon into thin slices. Add the lemon slices to the skillet and allow the ingredients to simmer on low.
- Once the veggies have fully softened and the chicken is cooked through, remove from the pan, sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!