Goodby 2020. Hello 2021! Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you had a great night celebrating.
What did you do to celebrate the ringing in of this very much needed new year? We did absolutely nothing and ya know what, it was glorious. No fancy clothes, no reservations, no waiting in lines. It was a pajamas, homemade food and a bottle of champagne on the couch kinda night and we absolutely loved it!
We opened our champagne and started drinking it but quickly realized we might not finish it all. So, I threw some in to our dinner and made the dreamiest, creamiest chicken for our new year’s dinner. It was so so good and even easier than I thought to make! The champagne flavor really stands out!
I love a good easy dish for a holiday. What did you make for the New Year? Let me know in the comments below! Happy New Year, friends! xo
Creamy Champagne Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets , halved horizontally to make four fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 14 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet of pan over medium heat. Season each chicken filet with salt and pepper. Sear chicken on both sides, for about 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until golden all over. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Fry the mushrooms in the butter and fry for a further 3-5 minutes, or until just beginning to soften. Transfer to the same plate as the chicken. Cover and keep warm.
- Add the shallot into the pan and cook for 4 minutes, while occasionally stirring. Pour in the champagne; stir well, while scraping any food bits from the bottom of the pan for added flavor. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes. If using milk: mix the corn starch with a tablespoon of water; pour into the center of the pan and mix throughout the sauce until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms into the sauce along with any cooking juices. Coat in the creamy sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve! Enjoy!