It’s muffin day! I’m channeling my inner muffin making skills to make these yummy holiday muffins. They’re so moist, a little bit healthy (and a little bit decadent) and so so delicious!
I make TONS of muffins for the girls and I’m always trying to combine different flavors together to make new ones. Today’s is all about cranberries and lemon curd. They go together so beautifully with a sweetness that’s just perfect in a regular sized or mini muffin!
This makes a lot of muffins, and they freeze so well so make as many as you can and enjoy them for weeks to come. Happy holidays!
Cranberry Lemon Curd Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon lemon curd
- 1 generous cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, eggs, butter, applesauce, vanilla and lemon curd.
- Combine the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and then gently stir in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into 2 trays of 12 greased muffin cups. Press an extra cranberry into the top of each muffin and bake on the center rack of a 400-degree oven until golden brown, 20-22 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes and turn onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!