If you’re in need of a quick lunch or dinner leading up to Thanksgiving, this is it! It’s a veggie packed, tasty and easy stew that comes together in just 20 minutes! It’s full of Thanksgivingy flavors and is the perfect thing to have with you families.
All you do is cook up the prepped veggies and toss in the liquid and pasta. The pot does the rest! You’ll be so thankful to have a pot of this cooking away when you start to get hungry during all that food prep. This is a definite to make this year!
Happy almost Thanksgiving!
Chickpea, Pumpkin & Sage Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch sage leaves (6 to 8)
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas
- One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin purée
- 1 quart broth, any kind
- 1 1/2 cups small pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and sage and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrot and onion are crisp and tender and sage is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas, pumpkin purée, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and quickly simmer until pasta is al dente and soup has thickened, about 8 minutes. Taste and season generously!
- Divide soup among serving bowls and enjoy!