I love an easy recipe. I have two young kids who always need attention and it always seems to be the most demanding when I need to make dinner. So, I tend to make meals that require little prep, and take help from the oven any chance I get.
This is one of those recipes. And, because tilapia is a such a super easy fish to make, it takes on any flavor you combine with it. I buy it in bulk and freeze it so I always have it on hand for a quick meal. The girls love it too, as it’s not a fishy fish.
Today’s dinner is all about the orange. Just one orange goes a long way, and with a few other fridge staples, dinner came together super quickly. Just add some veg and rice and you have the absolute perfect meal.
What’s your favorite way to make fish? Let me know in the comments below!
Baked Tilapia in Asian Orange Sauce
- 2 1 lb. fillets fresh Tilapia
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey rice vinegar and sesame oil to a boil. Whisk until the sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together and pour into the boiling sauce, whisking until the sauce thickens more.
- Meanwhile, place the fillets in a shallow 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Pour the orange sauce over the fillets and thoroughly coat them. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes apart.
- Remove from oven and serve with additional slices of orange. Enjoy!