I’ve been craving a warm soup recently, so I went to some of my favorite cookbooks and bloggers to find some inspiration. I found one from Half Baked Harvest. And you know how much I love her recipes! This one is so good, just like all her others recipes! It’s honestly fool-proof and amazing.
The soup is creamy, meaty, and warm – like warm your body from the inside out. It’s really easy to make and you cook it all in 1 pan. Fewer dishes and a good meal is always a win in my book!
Want to make this vegetarian? Use chickpeas or white beans instead of the meatballs. It would taste just as good!
What other add-ins would you add to this? Let me know in the comments below!
Creamy Coconut Chicken Meatball and Noodle Curry
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup potato (russet or sweet) or butternut squash
- 2-3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 (14-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- Add the chicken, green onions, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and a pinch of ground pepper and red pepper flakes to a bowl. Mix until just combined. Coat your hands with a bit of oil, and roll the meat into tablespoon-size balls (will make 15-20 meatballs).
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil shimmers, add the meatballs and sear until crisp, about 4-5 minutes, turning them 2-3 times until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- To the same pot, add 3 tablespoon oil, the shallots, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the potato and curry paste. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, fish sauce, and peanut butter. Slide the meatballs back into the curry. Simmer over medium heat until the meatballs are cooked through, 5-8 minutes. Stir in the spinach. Thin as desired with additional water or broth.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Divide the noodles between bowls and ladle the curry over. Top each bowl with cilantro, and green onions. Enjoy!
Slightly edited from halfbakedharvest.com