It’s football season! We love making some warm foods that fill the house with delicious smells every Sunday. While Trevor is a Jets fan, I’ll forever be a Giants fan. It’s tough not being able to watch our teams on our local network, but we make do. 🙂 And the food definitely helps make up for it!
So, what did we make this Sunday? CHILI! It’s cool in Florida which means the rest of the country is even colder. This is the perfect meal to warm anyone up. It’s made from mostly pantry staples, cooks right in the Instant Pot (easy!) and it’s insanely good. It’s also healthy, which is an added bonus. You can put the chili on top of rice, dip some bread into it or even even it with some yummy tortilla chips. YUM!
However you eat it, you’ll love this chili recipe! Let me know how you like eating your chili in the comments below!
Healthy 3-Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 15-oz cans of beans (any kind), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 15-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute and cook pepper, cauliflower and onion with oil, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir, cover and seal. Set to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then slowly release the steam until no more remains and you can remove the lid.
- Stir, serve hot and top as desired. Enjoy!