Need a quick and easy dinner for Halloween? Try this delicious meatball mummy! It’s made with some store-bought puff pastry, cheese pre-made meatballs (I just used some veggie turkey meatballs I had leftover in the freezer) and sauce. That’s it! It’s done in 30 minutes and it couldn’t be more spooky.
If you want some other ideas for Halloween, I have a ton here. Just take a look through and leave me a comment telling me your favorite one!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 9-10 cooked veggie turkey meatballs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, any kind (I used a mixture of Mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- Marinara sauce, to serve
- Defrost puff pastry. Once mostly defrosted, open and roll out until slightly expanded and flat.
- Spread the cream cheese down the center of the puff pastry.
- Add the meatballs on top of the cream cheese down the center.
- Add the cheeses on top.
- Slice the edges of the puff pastry into pieces and gently cross them back and forth until they fully cover the filling.
- Brush the top with an egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1 tablespoon water). Bake it 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Slice up and serve with extra marinara! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Diane Morrisey on instagram.