I’m not a huge red meat eater but my girls LOVE it. And the protein is really good for their growing bodies. I usually end up making one nice steak – Trevor eats 2/3’s of it and the girls eat the rest.
Tonight, I decided to make it with a yummy garlicy, buttery, oniony (aka, leek onions!) sauce. We had mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side and it was a true steak-house dinner at home.
This steak is super easy to make – it only takes 15 minutes (as long as your steak isn’t cold from the fridge!!) and it tastes great. Cleans up is obviously a breeze since it’s only one pan and everyone has a happy belly after eating it. It’s a winner of steak dinner!
Want some other steak dinner recipe ideas? I have a bunch you can look through here. Enjoy!!
Pan-Seared NY Strip Steak with Leeks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 12oz New York strip steak, room temperature
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 leek, sliced into rounds and rinsed very well
- In a large cast iron skillet pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and place them in the skillet. Brown each side, about 4-5 minutes per side and continue to cook until it’s almost cooked through (about 145 degrees for medium).
- During last 3-4 minutes of steak cooking, reduce heat to medium-low, add butter, thyme, garlic and leeks. Toss until leeks are tender.
- Transfer steak to plates and let rest before slicing and serving with leeks on top. Enjoy!
Inspired by: cookingclassy.com