The very first week we moved to Florida, I met another (amazing) mom who had also just moved here from Australia with her daughter, Isla. Isla is about the same age as Matilda and we all hit it off immediately!
Fast forward a year later and we see them multiple times a week for playdates, ‘kids preschool’ in one of our houses and parent nights out.
Last week, Matilda and I were at their house, and Lauren, Isla’s mom, made these cookies for Isla. She was teething and wasn’t eating much. She had the amazing idea to make a ‘cookie’ with lots of healthy ingredients to give to Isla. And guess what, she ate a bunch of them!
It’s genius ideas like this that I love to learn and share with my family. And this recipe, well it’s so easy and it’s once again proving to be great for a teething child. But this time, it’s mine…. 😦 At least she’s eating these though! So, now you know the story behind why these are called ‘Isla’s Cookies’. 🙂
What do your little ones like to eat when they teeth? Let me know in the comments below!
Isla's Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, or two spoons, drop 1-2 tablespoon cookies on to a lined baking sheet. Bake cookies for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before eating. Enjoy!