Another Half Baked Harvest recipe for the win! You’d think I’d have made all her recipes by now, but no, she has a ton and guys, they’re ALL AMAZING! This quick weeknight Thai Peanut Chicken recipe included!
This chicken recipe has a bold, peanuty flavor, with lots of sauce and the best taste leaving you wanting to lick the bowl clean after every single bite! With just a few ingredients I had on hand already in my pantry, I was able to whip this up in no time.
I got many ‘YUM, Mommy” from both girls tonight and that’s a big win in my book. Matilda might have even licked the spoon I was using to spoon extra sauce on top. Love Love Love this one!!
Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced or left whole
- 3-4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Roasted peanuts and Persian cucumbers, for serving
- Toss the chicken with the 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, the ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining Thai red curry paste, the basil, and the cilantro.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and 1/4 cup water. Partially cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the peanut butter and lime juice. Simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes (there will be a lot of sauce).
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with roasted peanuts, cucumbers and an extra drizzle of sauce. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from: halfbakedharvest.com – instant pot and slow cooker cooking instructions available in original recipe here.