Hot summer weather means yummy, refreshing salads! While I was at the farmer’s market over the weekend, I was able to snag a bunch of fresh spinach, watermelon and strawberries. These are the trifecta of amazing salad ingredients for the summer.
So, I threw them in a bowl with some olives, dried fruit, nuts and feta cheese, drizzled it with some balsamic glaze and devoured it in minutes.
This is truly a magnificent salad for a bbq, a quick lunch or a light dinner. It’s super easy and super delicious. I really love this one and I know you will too!
Spinach, Watermelon & Strawberry Salad
- 1 5-oz box baby spinach
- 2 cups watermelon, deseeded and diced small
- 1/2 pint strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried craisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 oz fresh crumbled feta cheese
- a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar glaze
- Start by putting spinach in a large bowl.
- Top with watermelon, strawberries, olives, craisins, pecans and feta. Mix until well combined.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze over the top and enjoy!