One of my favorite tricks for using up veggies that are just about to go off is making them into fritters. All you need is a bit of flour, egg, cheese and seasoning, and you have a new lunch, dinner or snack right at your finger tips.
Just mix everything together, add it to a pan and in minutes, you have little veggie packed fritters! It’s also a great way to get extra protein in your kiddos if they don’t otherwise eat egg or cheese.
My girls love these SOOOO much and I hope you all do too. Let me know in the comments below!
Broccoli Corn Fritters
- 2 cups broccoli, riced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli, corn, egg, flour, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop two tablespoons of the batter and drop it into the pan. Flatten it slightly with spatula and fry until each fritter is browned on both sides, about 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed. Cool on a baking rack and enjoy!