With this Corona quarantine now going on nearly 2 months, we’ve learned how to avoid going to the grocery stores that often. Many times it means we’ve run out of snacks or desserts before it’s time to go shopping again. So, we’ve leaned more towards baking new things instead of buying.
Let me tell you, I already baked a lot. But now, I’m baking nearly every day! And I can’t say I mind it. 🙂 It means I get to keep my creative juices flowing and I get to eat the fruits of my labor. Or in this case, the blondies!
I haven’t made blondies in a while, but these just looked so fun. So I knew they’d be on this weeks list of must bakes. And let me just say, these are DYNAMITE! I can’t say I’m shocked though since they’re yet another Half Baked Harvest win.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet Blondies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter to a 10-12 inch oven safe skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown lightly until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter, the sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Let this cool until no longer hot, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs for 2 minutes until bubbly on top. Stir the eggs into the peanut butter mix. Add the flour and baking powder. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and swirl the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter into the dough, don’t worry about making it perfect. Push the chocolate into the dough.
- Transfer to the skillet oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, just until set around the edges, but gooey in the center. Remove from the oven, let cool 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe from: halfbakedharvest.com